Aperture vs Lightroom speculation

Aperture vs Lightroom speculation

Aperture vs Lightroom has a good traffic spike this week. Not surprising . If you have not already heard , Adobe has released Lightroom 5. Not only do people want information , they also begin to speculate on the fate of the opening.


I am very pleased that Lightroom is 5 now, although I do not expect it until next week when Photoshop DC vessels. So much for being predictable Adobe . The good news , at least for me , is that I am no longer afraid to make comparisons between products, because I do not think it was fair to use Lightroom Beta 4 or 5 LR . The first was on his way and it was not quite born yet. This puzzle is now complete.

Aperture Aperture 4 vs LightroomMy speculation

Before you start making more posts to head comparisons head (especially books and slideshows ) , I want to take the time to speculate on the future of the opening. Delivery Lightroom 5 and the absence of any word from Apple (which should be no surprise ) started a new round of "Aperture is dead" comments from those who have absolutely no knowledge of what Apple will do.

To be honest, I do not have firsthand knowledge of Apple's plans for Aperture. It is rare for Apple to decide on future products outside its developer conference or other press events . Fortunately, the developer conference happening this week. A few things that we 've seen so far , as well as comments from CEO Tim Cook last year, gives me some cool confidence that we should see a new version of Aperture this fall.

1: Tim Cook 's commitment to professional

For a year and a half, Tim Cook dropped advice that Apple was working on something for its business customers . Many customers have been looking for an updated Mac Pro. In this e -mail Tim Cook, he said that the pro customers were very important to Apple and they were working on something big for later next (now this ) year. He also mentioned updates for pro applications like Final Cut Pro X and Aperture.

It was not just a single comment. Cook made ​​other comments last year and this year on Apple 's commitment to professional , even very strong hints on a new Mac Pro.

2: New product for the fourth quarter and 2014

Tim Cook surprised a few people on Apple 's quarterly conference call with this statement.

"You can be assured that we are working as hard as ever this year to deliver an incredible year and some products that will blow your mind. "

"Our teams are working on an amazing new hardware, software and services , and we are very enthusiastic about our product pipeline ," Cook said , adding that "we can not wait to introduce (s) this fall and throughout 2014 . "

3: Steady Updates Aperture Continue

If the opening is a discontinued product , it certainly has a lot of updates! Twice Lightroom , what I can see.

4 : Opening featured in advertising for the Retina display MacBook Pro

What I saw on the ads - not to mention Apple's Web page - showing the Retina Display ? Why is the opening. What company would highlight that this is the latest , greatest technology with a dead product ? I took this as a sign that the opening is alive, well and very much in the spirit of Apple .

5: Mac Pro New Ad

This is one of the most encouraging signs for me since the new Mac Pro announced on June 10 shows tangible evidence that Apple is working on tools for professionals. This puppy is very clear as a machine for video production, especially focusing on the bandwidth to handle 4K files. Apple knows that many professional photographers prefer to use the Mac Pro , especially as the file size becomes larger. Even today, the old Mac Pro is even faster than the Apple computer is .

I think the reason it took so long for this update was to wait for new Intel XEON 2.0 and Thunderbolt chips, which were not promised until this fall . Still, I think this computer is the result of a delay in updates to the professional version of the software.

6: Phil Schiller Legal Final Cut Pro X Updates for New Mac Pro

I bet it was more of a slip of a planned announcement . Anyway, the word is out .

" The team of Final Cut Pro is hard at work on a version of Final Cut Pro X supports all performance and graphics capabilities of the machine"

This makes sense to me . When the new Apple Mac Pro hardware hits the street , he will want a new pro software that shows the new Darth Vader Mac Pro. Aperture is part of this line of Apple Pro software and I expect to see a serious update when vessels Mac Pro.

Apple against Lightroom : Just My speculation

As I said, I have no inside track with Apple. They do not give me anything, nor Adobe . This is fine , however. It allows me to be independent with my thoughts about these companies and their products. I pay for everything I discuss or comment here.

I wish I could give you speculate on what I would expect to see a new update of the opening, but I have nothing to indicate characteristics. My own list is a bit pedantic . In fact, I'd almost think the features I want and hope are given something new to impress me . Then , not knowing what will happen means that I will not be disappointed with a broken promise . This is how it goes with Apple - speak.