Brushes..help...arrrrrgh....


Hi there,

I've loaded brushes onto my machine that came free with Computer Arts magazine. I've been using them for a while and really like them..trouble is ..I've just bought a new machine and surprise surprise can't find the original disc with them on it. Is there anyway I can find these "extra" brushes?


I've tried searching for *.abr but it's all the old ones that come up. I want to transfer the files onto my new machine.
I can locate them in PS, I can see them in my menu to choose as brushes, but it's the physical file I can't locate on the hard drive. That's why it's strange, I can see them in photoshop and I can use them, I just can't find them on the hard drive.
I have an idea that will work. Go to your old machine, open up Photoshop and go to Edit > Presets Manager. Select all the brushes you like, then click Save Set in the dialog box. Make sure you save the set on your desktop or somewhere you know you've saved it. Then leave photoshop and copy the file, which will then be an .abr file, to your new computer.
I'll just forget them I guess, shame though..really liked them. They were on a computer arts CD, maybe I'll come across it one day :-)
you might just not be searching far enough. eg with my machine windows xp pro, the default search extends to my documents, why don't you try searching for*.abr on C: (local disk) or whatever you main disc drive is called.
Thanks for all trying to help.